Who We Are
Building upon the Lord Jesus Christ as our foundation, and relying on the power of the Holy Spirit, First Baptist Church of Lilburn is “The Church That Loves” God and His Word, “The Church That Loves” one another, and “The Church That Loves” the nations.
To REACH people through God’s Love
See Him IMPACT them through life changes
That we may all THRIVE spiritually through His faithfulness
What We Believe
First Baptist Church is in agreement with the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
In short, we believe…
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God. It is our sole norm of faith and practice.
- God is Spirit, infinite, personal, eternal; and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, grace, goodness and truth.
- Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins.
- Jesus was physically resurrected to purchase a place in heaven for us, which He offers as a free gift, providing the only way of salvation for all men.
- The Holy Spirit indwells the heart of every Christian and empowers us through His filling, His anointing and His gifts.
- The Trinity consists of three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – in one God.
- God created man in His own image and in a state of innocence, but that through temptation man willfully transgressed. As a result, all human beings are born with a sinful nature and the wages for their sin is death.
- The church’s primary mission is to preach the gospel to all the world, reaching non-believers and discipling them to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- A true believer is secure in Christ forever and is called to live a holy life.
- The ordinances of the church are believer’s baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ will physically return to this earth and rule for one thousand years prior to the establishment of His new kingdom.
- After the final judgment those who are believers shall live forever in the presence of God, and those who have rejected Christ will be separated from God in a place of eternal torment.